Tuesday, December 30, 2014

End of Trip in Six Words

As you saw the other day in a post by Karen Leeds, our group was encouraged by Rabbi Steve to write a "Six Word Memoir" about Israel.

Here are some of our group's creations....some people wrote a few:

Randi:
We’ll be back in April 2016.
(That feels too long from now!)
My mom would be so happy.

Mia:
Israel
Caves
Gleeda* 
Scarves
Learning
Walking
*Hebrew for ice cream

Myles:
Karen has to pee every hour.
No more walking, my feet hurt.
When can we go eat food.
Forced prayer is not my thing.
I’ve eaten schnitzel recently 20 times.
I’ll be back in one month.

Elie:
create, remember, memory, water, shopping, Israel
I will come back here soon.
No words can describe my emotions.
You don’t know until you are here.
Why can’t we be there yet?

Marty:
Fantastic
Fantastic
Fantastic
Fantastic
Fantastic
Fantastic!

Mary:
hills
valleys
seas
journey
family
Israel

Janet:
I have changed. I’m better now.
Wonder. Awe. Pride. Respect. Amazement. Love.

Bob:
Land of history. People of determination.

Sharon:
Kibbutz
Safed
Basketball
Jeeps
Felafel
Family

John:
Rocks
Remembrance
Guts
Determination
Remembering Sammy

Rabbi Michael:
I love the Mediterranean like breathing.

Koren, our guide:
I can’t answer, against union rules.

We are glad that you came.

No comments:

Post a Comment