Saturday, December 27, 2014

(More than) Six Words on Israel

by Karen Leeds

Rabbi Steve is into six words.

I usually write things in three.

But......

I'm using six words to reflect.

I'm stuck on where to start.

Was the trip of a lifetime. 

Everywhere you look there is history.

Stories from Hebrew School came alive.

Mediterranean Sea is really that blue. 

My hair is big in Israel.

Shabbat and Havdallah where it began.

Israeli breakfasts.....oh em gee.....amazing. 

I floated in the Dead Sea.

I dug up pieces of pottery. 

I went spelunking and didn't freak.

Falafel, shawarma, hummus, sufganiyot, cucumbers, tabouli.

Phyllis finally got me to blog. 

Our two guides were beyond amazing.

We went to many holy sites.

Stood in middle of the world.

Some kids can fall asleep anywhere.

You never know who you'll see.

Pictures don't capture it well enough.

My dad would have loved this.

There's so much more to learn. 

I must come back here soon. 

Kein yehi ratzon. Kein yehi ratzon.

(translation: May it be G-d's will.)



No comments:

Post a Comment